Sunday, February 18, 2007

Bridge to Terabithia


We decided to wake up early on the sunday morning instead of sleeping in so that we could watch the morning show of Bridge to Terabithia without being ripped off. Ninety rupees a ticket is a cool deal. So, there we were ready to immerse ourselves into a fantasy land, full of mysterious creatures and magical beings, Terabithia.

Two hours later we came out of the theatre with a definite grudge against Walt Disney. The promotions were totally misleading. Its clear that I have not read the book nor did I have any inkling about it's plot. I liked the movie, but I was not expecting it to be the way it was. It was like watching Big Fish or Finding Neverland as opposed to Harry Potter or Narnia.

The movie's been made nicely and the young actors have done a superb job. Specially, Bailee Madison as the adorable younger sister May Belle. There's a sad twist towards the end and it leaves you feeling even more betrayed. I guess I would have liked it more if the trailers were made to sell the movie as a genre that it turned out to be as opposed to belonging to the genre of fantasy movies.

Do see the movie, but do not expect a magical kingdom and fairy creatures.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aha. o yes, have heard da its a nice movie, but not a fantasy one. comes recommeneded from a frnd, but naaaa, i feel like doing sal-e-ishq more than BtT.

1:03 PM, February 21, 2007  
Blogger Prasann said...

Do tell me if it's (salame) worth a watch. I hear Honeymoon Travels pvt. ltd is a nice one.

10:30 AM, February 27, 2007  
Blogger Golden Beard said...

I really Like the way you write ..
Simple and neat .. to the point...

Cheers,
M

11:30 PM, October 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home