Saturday, January 27, 2007

OMG!

Something reminded me of my first brush with homosexual content on the internet. I was 19, living in a big small town of Uttar Pradesh. Internet was a rare commodity at that time and there were dinky little cyber cafes that charged as much as 120 Rs. per hour. Thankfully, they also came with wooden cubicles - so once inside the cubicle, you were isolated from the world and there was nothing between you and your computer screen. I was a super confused kid. I did not have access to any literature pertaining to homosexuality.

So, one fine day, when I had managed to muster up enough courage, I entered a cyber cafe and claimed one of the cubicles. With sweaty hands I typed the word 'gay' in the search engine. That alone made my heart beat faster. The search result showed first ten of over hundred thousand pages and I was like "what?? So many pages?" My heart had started panting with anticipation. I clicked on the very first site - 'gay.com' and waited for the page to load. Nothing had prepared my heart for what I saw next. It was beating so hard that I couldn't hear anything else except it's thunderous beats. It wanted to leap out and that was not the only problem. I had an instant erection. The old gay.com banner had pictures of some young white guys in various stages of undress - that was the first time I had set my eyes upon such delicious men who looked like they were open to the idea of a quick romp in the sack. I sat there staring at the page.

A little later I wisened up and started searching for specific things. The second round of surprise came when I bumped into the GB classifieds and saw several thousand guys registered there.

Those were the days of innocence and I still smile at my naivette.

9 Comments:

Blogger Vicky said...

God! You write with such accurate detailing, something that I can relate to A LOT (I'm sure there are many others who think so). You should see me going green with envy (turning into Shrek).

11:07 PM, January 29, 2007  
Blogger Prasann said...

Lol....I don't see any reason for you to go green...and please if you have to turn all green and big...be like the hulk and not like shrek....

12:39 PM, January 30, 2007  
Blogger Vicky said...

Hulk became what he was when angry...and I see no reason to fume. I gotta say, Eric Bana made a cute Hulk. But a poignant question - when Eric turned Hulk, all his clothed were torn apart, except his undies. Any thoughts? Other than that, me trying to hulk up myself - joining a gym. Wish me luck. :-))

10:06 PM, January 30, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

All the luck for the gymming...if it works for u, sent some back to me as well...

about hulk's undies....just go the confirmation that it is in fact the code of decency and related laws of the hulkdom that keep his undies in place.

6:58 PM, January 31, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'those were the days my friend,
we thought they'd never end...'

:)

and u never got caught jacking off in a cubicle? ooo, u were TAME. lol.

2:04 AM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger Prasann said...

CT...who ever said anything about jacking off? I did not. lol

9:42 AM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger Ameet said...

My first Internet download was a CK underwear ad featuring Mark Wahlberg :-P

8:08 PM, February 02, 2007  
Blogger Prasann said...

Mark Wahlberg has been prominent on my download list as well....that reminds me, I should do a post on him in my favorite men blog.

8:58 PM, February 02, 2007  
Blogger Vicky said...

I hear he has simply divine tight buns. Loved him in 'Boogie Nights' and lately in 'The Departed'.

10:11 PM, February 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home