Monday, November 27, 2006

Sand In My Shoes


I have been away from the blog scene for some time. Close Talk's message about my new post gave me some inspiration. So, here I am, trying to cook up something random and interesting at the same time.

I have just returned from Goa. I had to go there for some work and since AP was at home, he accompanied me. We stayed close to Benaulim Beach which is one of the cleaner and less crowded beaches south of Colva.

Back in Mumbai, amongst the city life, this song pretty much sums up how I am feeling right now.

Two weeks away feels like the whole world should have changed,
But I'm home now, and things still look the same.
I think I'll leave it 'til tomorrow to unpack,
Try to forget for one night that I'm back in my flat.
On the road where the cars never stop going through the night,
To a life where I can't watch the sun set.
I don't have time.
I don't have time.

I've still got sand in my shoes,
And I can't shake the thought of you.
I should get on, forget you.
But why would I want to?
I know we said goodbye,
Anything else would have been confused.
But I want to see you again.

Tomorrow's back to work and down to sanity,
Should run a bath and then clear up the mess i made before i left here.
Try to remind myself that i was happy here,
Before I knew that I could get on a plane and fly away,
From the road where the cars never stop going through the night,
To a life where I can watch the sun set,
And take my time.
Take all my time.

C`est La Vie!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ameet said...

Cryptic. Pensive. Just like the guy in the pic. Is that you?

9:27 AM, December 03, 2006  
Blogger Prasann said...

Yes, that's me...
Pensive & cryptic...hmm...never thought it could have such profound meanings. I remember looking at the sea and being devoid of any thoughts. I was in a blank-trance of sorts (if that makes any sense).

11:42 AM, December 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aha! looks like EVERYONE's been to goa again this dec! :)
just got back myself.
and hey - its a coincidence dat one of my travelbuddies posted the same song lyrics on his blog after getting back! hehehe.

5:23 PM, December 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home