Sunday, July 02, 2006





Bridget Jones' Diary

I finished the 11th Wheel of Time book and was bookless for a long time. Not because didn't have any to read (Samit Basu's sequel to Simoquin Prophecies, Anurag Mathur's Department of Denials & The last two books of the Amulet of Samarkand series were lying on the shelf cursing my reading pattern) but because I was caught in the WoT warp. I am sure this must have happened to you as well - you finish a good book and then you live in that book for sometime, not willing to leave that fantasy world you create while reading the book.

I couldn't start a new book, but had to have something to read. I need a book while I am sitting on the shitpot, or in a rickshaw, train, waiting for an appointment, travelling, before sleeping. So, at such times I pick up one of the Bridget books. Love the way Helen Fielding writes. And Bridget is my favorite British woman.

" Tuesday 25 February

No. of times driven past Mark Darcy's house to see if there are any lights on - 2 (or 4 if count both ways). No. of times dialled 141 (so cannot trace my number if he dials 1471s) then rang his answerphone just to hear his voice - 5 (Bad) (V.Good for not leaving message though). No. of times looked Mark Darcy's number up in phone book just to prove to self he still exists - 2 (very restrained). Percentage of outgoing calls made from mobile to keep line clear in case he rings - 100. Percentage of incoming callers creating angry resentment for not being Mark Darcy - unless ringing to talk about Mark Darcy - and urged to get off the phone as quickly as possible in case blocking calls from Mark Darcy - 100."

The movies are a lot different from the books and though Rene is a delight and does full justice to the character, I like the books better than the movies. I am thankful to the casting director or whoever settled upon Rene's name for the role for giving me a perfect face to put to Bridget.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, me too a big fan of "Bridget". Though haven't read any novel, but have watched the movie & enjoyed a lottt!!!
By the way a cool blog & really liked some of the contents :)

1:10 PM, July 10, 2006  
Blogger Prasann said...

Thanks dear...

I am looking forward to our visit.

6:02 PM, July 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home